Barwon Valley Pony Club is one of the oldest clubs in Victoria beginning in 1956 on the Highton Recreation Reserve.
For a long period of time the club was based at the property "Rosemont” in Ceres, where residential camps and a One Day Event were held annually.
In 1984 the Club moved to grounds in the Ceres Township, but as a result of reduction in land available, the club moved to its present grounds at Mt. Moriac in 1989.
Mrs. Wanda Nelson was the first District Commissioner and a strong force in the foundation of the club. Long serving family names in the Club’s beginnings are McCann, Birdsey, Collins and Hope.
The Mount Moriac Equestrian Facility is located at 775 Reservior Road, Mount Moriac, Victoria 3240